This Equity Website is a place that teachers and administrators can access information regarding the following equity issues: laws and regulations, reporting procedures, multiculturalism and diversity, and Professional Development.
Activities:Take a multicultural quiz to discover hidden biases.
- Project Implicit - Implicit Association Quiz
Links / Information:
- Monroe County School District - Equity Career Notice for CTE and Adult Education 2017-2018
- Monroe County School District - Educational Equity Plan Update 2010-11
- Strategies for Closing the Achievement Gap - Steps you can Take in Your School
- Information concerning Monroe County School District's ADA Compliance Office
- Notification Statement to be in all district handbooks (MS Word)
- Monroe County School District Policy - Accessibility Complaint Procedures for the Public
- Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 - prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, or national origin.
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 as amended - prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, or national origin.
- Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 - prohibits discrimination on the basis of gender.
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 (ADEA) as amended - prohibits discrimination on the basis of age with respect to individuals who are at least 40.
- The Equal Pay Act of 1963 as amended - prohibits gender discrimination in payment of wages to women and men performing substantially equal work in the same establishment.
- Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 - prohibits discrimination against the disabled.
- Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA) - prohibits discrimination against individuals with disabilities in employment, public service, public accommodations and telecommunications.
- The Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978 - prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions.
- Florida Educational Equity Act (FEEA) - prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, gender, national origin, marital status or handicap against a student or employee.
- Florida Civil Rights Act of 1992 - secures for all individuals within the state freedom from discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, handicap, or marital status.
- Monroe County School District - NON-DISCRIMINATION POLICY
- No person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, martial status, disability, political beliefs, national or ethnic origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity, or in any employment conditions or practices conducted by this School District, except as provided by law.
- The School Board shall comply with all state and federal laws, which prohibit discrimination and are designed to protect the civil rights of applicants, employees, and/or students, or other persons protected by applicable law.
- The School Board shall admit students to District Schools, programs, and classes without regard to race, color, religion, age, nation or ethnic origin, marital status, disability or handicap.