National Art Honor Society
Officers / Members:
- President: Kayla Sipe
- Vice President: Nory Maradiaga
- Secretary: Taylor Sipe
- Treasurer: Lilian Guo
- Molly Prince
- Emily Suarez
- Carla Bacallao
Sponsor: Ms. Kristi Ferrise
Meetings are the first Thursday of each month. The name of this chapter shall be the Marathon High School Chapter of the National Art Honor Society.
- Ensure that those students who have shown outstanding ability in art are recognized.
- Foster excellence and a dedicated spirit to the pursuit of art.
- Further creative abilities and talents of the Society’s members, as well as the school’s entire student art enrollment.
- Aid members in working outward the attainment of their highest potential in an art area.
- Bring art to the attention of the school and the community.
- In case an awareness of art in relation to other areas of the school curriculum.
- Further aesthetic awareness in all aspects of the school’s total program.
- Section 1. Membership in this chapter shall be based upon art scholarship, service, and character.
- Section 2. To be eligible for selection to membership in this chapter, the candidate must have been in attendance for a period equivalent to one semester of visual art in this school, or on record at MHS.
- Section 3. Candidates eligible for selection to this chapter must be upper high school students (sophomore, junior, and senior students only) and have a minimum art scholarship average of A in at least one art class. This level of achievement shall remain fixed. Honorary membership can be negotiable.
- Section 4. Members may remain active during such time when there is no art on their class schedule.