College and Career Planning
- College + Career Planning
- Freshman Classroom Visits, Parent Night & Other Meetings
- Important information for Freshmen in preparation for College & Career Planning.
- Junior Classroom Visits, Parent Night & Other Meetings - UPDATES coming soon; use this info in the interim!
- Materials and Resources covered and distributed during Junior presentations and meetings with the College Advisor.
- Senior Classroom Visits, Parent Night & Other Meetings - UPDATES coming soon; use this info in the interim!
- Materials and Resources covered and distributed during the Senior presentations and meetings with the College Advisor.
- Sophomore Classroom Visits, Parent Night & Other Meetings
- Important information for Sophomores in preparation for College & Career Planning.
Developing your list of colleges to which you plan to apply?
Create a BigFuture account and use the attachment to get started
with this great resource from the College Board.
The College Board has many online resources to assist students and families prepare for the college admissions process: https://bigfuture.collegeboard.org/get-started/for-parents. In addition, action plans developed by the College Board to assist students and their families prepare for the college admission process each year of high school are posted below. 9th
IMPORTANT FINANCIAL AID INFORMATION FOR SENIORS PURSUING COLLEGE The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), the first step for most students pursuing financial aid for college, now opens October 1st of each year.
Please use the documents below to get a start on the FAFSA and the Financial Aid Process.
There will be a KWHS Senior Financial Aid Night in the Fall Semester (Date …
Seniors, Juniors and Underclassmen and their families are encouraged to use the
College & Career Planning IMPORTANT DATES & DEADLINES document distributed to during classroom visits and parent nights at the beginning of the semester. These documents are also posted in the respective class folders
at the bottom of this webpage. EVENT DATE Freshman/Sophomore Classroom Visits
+ Parent …
CLASS OF 2018 If you are a CURRENT SENIOR and believe you qualify for a Florida Bright Futures Scholarship, please make an appointment with the College Advisor to complete the application starting in December 2018. Please do not complete it on your own. Technically, students have until June 2018 to make the qualifying test scores; however, it is highly recommended that Bright Futures …
Current Sophomores and Juniors who recently received their PSAT scores - you will receive further instruction from Guidance in classroom visits this February in regards to your scores and next steps. In the interim, please view this document for your next steps. 2017-2018 ACT + SAT Test Date and Registration Information available here. Interested to know how your ASVAB scores correspond to …
Lydia Estenoz, College Advisor
Home: 305-294-1549 Please contact the College Advisor via email, telephone (305-293-1549 ext. 54307) or make an appointment through the Guidance Department.