21st Century Learning Progam
The 21st Century Community Learning Centers (21st CCLC) initiative is a key component of the No Child Left Behind Act. Authorized under Title IV, Part B, of the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA), as amended by the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001, the specific purposes of the federal law are to:
- Provide opportunities for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet state and local student academic achievement standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and mathematics.
- Offer students a broad array of additional services, programs, and activities, such as youth development activities, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, art, music, and recreation programs, technology education programs and character education programs, that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students.
- Offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
This program supports the creation of community learning centers that provide academic enrichment opportunities during non-school hours for children, particularly students who attend high-poverty and low-performing schools. The program helps students meet state and local student standards in core academic subjects, such as reading and math; offers students a broad array of enrichment activities that can complement their regular academic programs; and offers literacy and other educational services to the families of participating children.
Types of Projects:
Gerald Adams Elementary may carry out a broad array of before- and after-school activities (including those held during summer recess periods) to advance student achievement. These activities include:
- Remedial education activities and academic enrichment learning programs, including those which provide additional assistance to students to allow the students to improve their academic achievement;
- Mathematics and science education activities;
- Arts and music education activities;
- Entrepreneurial education programs;
- Tutoring services, including those provided by senior citizen volunteers, and mentoring programs;
- Programs that provide after-school activities for limited English proficient (LEP) students and that emphasize language skills and academic achievement;
- Recreational activities;
- Telecommunications and technology education programs;
- Expanded library service hours;
- Programs that promote parental involvement and family literacy;
- Programs that provide assistance to students who have been truant, suspended, or expelled to allow them to improve their academic achievement;
- Drug and violence prevention programs;
- Counseling programs; and
- Character education programs.
Century 21 Bus Routes
HOBSS AM New Town/Sigsbee PM 7:35 SIGSBEE/GILMORE 2:25 1ST STREET/PATTERSON 7:40 NORTHSIDE/16TH 2:30 VENETIAN/AIRPORT 7:42 CINDY/19TH 2:33 12TH/FLAGLER 7:44 17TH/DUCK 2:34 15TH/DUCK 7:47 15TH/DUCK 2:40 17TH/DUCK 7:49 12TH/FLAGLER 2:42 CINDY/19TH 7:53 VENETIAN/AIRPORT 2:44 NORTHSIDE/16TH 7:58 1ST STREET/PATTERSON 2:50 SIGSBEE/GILMORE 8:00 HOB HOBSS Downtown 7:35 TRUMAN ANNEX/FT ZACH 2:25 PORTER PLACE 7:40 WHITEHEAD (PAST ANGELA) 2:30 EATON/WHITEHEAD 7:43 DOUGLAS GYM 2:32 WHITEHEAD (PAST ANGELA) 7:44 TRUMAN/EMMA 2:35 DOUGLAS GYM 7:47 AMELIA/THOMAS 2:36 TRUMAN/EMMA 7:50 EATON/WHITEHEAD 2:39 AMELIA/THOMAS 7:55 PORTER PLACE 2:45 TRUMAN ANNEX/FT ZACH 8:00 HOB AM HOBSS PM Stock Island 7:05 NAVY CLINIC 2:30 OCEANWALK 7:10 6TH/CROSS 2:35 NAVY CLINIC 7:12 10TH/CROSS 2:40 6TH/CROSS 7:15 12TH/CROSS 2:43 10TH/CROSS 7:18 ROBERTA 2:44 12TH/CROSS 7:21 BERNSTEIN PARK 2:46 ROBERTA 7:25 PINK APTS 2:50 BERNSTEIN PARK 7:30 MERCY'S BAKERY 2:53 PINK APTS 7:34 6500 MALONEY 2:55 MERCY'S BAKERY 7:35 6200 MALONEY 3:00 6500 MALONEY 7:37 ANIMAL CLINIC 3:02 6200 MALONEY 7:38 BANYAN GROVE 3:04 ANIMAL CLINIC 7:40 FLAGLER VILLAGE 3:05 BANYAN GROVE 7:45 OCEANWALK 3:06 FLAGLER VILLAGE 8:00 HOB ELEM