Parent Activities and Meetings 2020-2021
Parent Meetings will be held on Google Meets this year. Meeting links will be emailed to parents so be sure to include an email on the student registration form
January 7th 5:30 Welcome and Important Info
February 3rd 6pm Understanding District, School, and 21st CCLC Expectations
February 18th 6pm Computer Literacy
March 4th 6pm A History of the Keys - Drive Thru Event
March 18th 6pm The Keys Environment
April 2nd 6pm Connecting with Mental Health/Community ResourcesJune 3rd 6pm Summer Information NightADVISORY MEETING DATES:
21st CCLC Advisory Meetings starting at 6pm (childcare will be provided for in person meetings)
- provide opportunities during non-school hours for academic enrichment, including providing tutorial services to help students, particularly students who attend low-performing schools, to meet the challenging State academic standards;
- offer students a broad array of additional services, programs and activities during non-school hours such as youth development activities, service learning, nutrition and health education, drug and violence prevention programs, counseling programs, arts, music, physical fitness and wellness programs, technology education programs, financial literacy programs, environmental literacy programs, mathematics, science, career and technical programs, internship or apprenticeship programs, and other ties to an in-demand industry sector or occupation for high school students that are designed to reinforce and complement the regular academic program of participating students; and
- offer families of students served by community learning centers opportunities for active and meaningful engagement in their children’s education, including opportunities for literacy and related educational development.
- Students needing additional tutoring services to boost academic acheivement
- Students scoring red in STAR
- Students reccommended by Teachers
- Targets students attending schools eligible for Title I School-Wide Program services and/or schools with at least 40% of the student body receiving free and reduced-price lunch.
follow the link above to read the full grant
For Questions about the 21st Century Community Learning Center Grant please contact:
21st Century Afterschool 2020-2021
Keys to Success at Gerald Adams Elementary
5855 College Rd
Key West, FL 33040
The Afterschool Enrichment Program provides a wide range of learning and enrichment activities including homework help and additional instruction. During the program your child will participate in Language Arts, Math, and Science, History of the Keys, art, music and physical fitness.
Afterschool Program Hours
Monday through Friday 3:00 to 5:30 PM
Important 21st Century Information
Attendance is mandatory for all registered students. However, exceptions will be made based on parent commuicaton. 21st Century is not a drop in program and students are expected to attend from start to finish each program day. If your student is experiencing any symptoms of an illness, please notify Coach Henriquez, and keep your student at home.
Good behavior is expected in the after school program as the program is a privilege, if issues arise and are re-occurring; dismissal from the program may result.
3-3:15PM Snack and Attendance 3:20-3:40 Homework Help 3:45 - 4:35 Instruction, 4:40-5:05 Enrichment, 5:10-5:30 Physical Fitness (Daily schedules are based on grade level. This schedule is only an example).