Stop Bullying on the Spot
When adults respond quickly and consistently to bullying behavior(s) they send the message that it is not acceptable. Research shows this can stop bullying behavior over time.
Parents, school staff, and other adults in the community can help kids prevent bullying by talking about it, building a safe school environment, and creating a community-wide bullying prevention strategies.
Here are some websites for strategies:
At GAE we are doing the following in OCTOBER:
- 10/22 Students and Staff will make a pledge to “TREAT” everyone with kindness.
- 10/23 Project Connect: Students will write on a strip of ORANGE paper either what they do to make their school a safer place for their peers or write a quality that makes them unique or proud of who they are as individuals.
- 10/24 Students and Staff will WEAR ORANGE.
- 10/25 Kindness Challenge: Students will be asked to complete an act of kindness.
- 10/26 Teachers/Staff are asked to “SPOT” students being KIND and post it on school bulletin board!